Dec. 19, 2012 - The Peepsfest family festival returns for its fourth year Dec. 30-31 at the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks in Bethlehem, Pa. The event, which is free to attend, features two days packed with live music, arts and Peeps-related programming culminating Dec. 31, 5:15 p.m. with the dropping of a 4.5-foot tall, 85-pound, lit Peeps Chick and fireworks to welcome in the New Year.
"Peepsfest 2012 will be a magical extravaganza that will continue to make this relatively new event an annual holiday destination for the whole family," said Matt Pye, Vice President of Corporate Affairs at Just Born. "The enormous Peeps Chick that is dropped to usher in the New Year has become a tremendous source of pride for Bethlehem. Such an abundance of fans travel significant distances to this terrific celebration that it has become a top American New Year's Eve tradition." Peepsfest Highlights Include:
- New Year's Eve Party with live music by kid-friendly rock band Starfish at the Levitt Pavilion SteelStacks Dec. 31, 4 p.m.
- Large, kid-friendly cardboard gingerbread houses for decorating
- Live, interactive children's theater with Middle Earth Studios
- Family musicians and children's performers all day
- Peeps-themed arts and crafts, video game competitions and a scavenger hunt
- Picture taking with the Peeps Chick
- Peepsmobile filled with candy for a guess how many contest
- Family Disco Lounge – featuring music and dancing with Erin Lee & the Up Past Bedtime
- Band (Dec. 30) and Lisa & Wendy (Dec. 31), as well as a family-friendly DJ, bounce house and more.
- Peepsfest 5K run
- Peepsfest Kids Fun Run and Mascot Dash, featuring popular area mascots, Dec. 31, noon
- Peeps s'mores for sale to roast on outdoor firepits
- Popular Peeps & Company store items for sale